Stacey and I are declaring May Self-Care Month, but we need your help choosing the self-care tips we’ll discuss. Last May, we offered our Top 10 Tips Plus Two. Here they are:
How to Live Self-Care
1. Make your health and well-being a priority
2. Nourish your body with food, sleep, activity and rest.
3. Manage stress wisely.
4. Be a positive thinker.
5. Don’t make assumptions.
6. Accept yourself and others wholly.
7. Trust your inner guidance.
8. Nourish relationships with family and friends.
9. Respect yourself and others.
10. Do what makes your heart sing.
11. Practice compassion, kindness and forgiveness.
12. Connect with spirit through gratitude, service, and intention.
This week, we’d like each of you to vote for the top tip you’d like us to write about by commenting on it at livingselfcare.com. Then, we’d like you to choose one tip to practice this month and send us a paragraph about what you’re doing to make it stick. For participating, we’ll enter you into our self-care contest/challenge which will run from May 21-25 and features many wonderful prizes. Check out our contest section to see what we gave away last November.
Stacey and I will also be choosing our top tips, blogging about them and practicing with you. We have learned the hard way that caring for ourselves-body, mind, heart and soul, is better for us as well as our loved ones. When our emotional pitcher is dry, everyone loses.
Join us in declaring May Self-Care Month. While we can’t control everything, we can create a life filled with health, happiness and purpose if we align our actions and thoughts with living self-care body, mind, heart and soul. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count!