Living Self-Care: Our Souls
Living self-care wouldn’t be complete without discussing how to nourish our souls. Whether your higher power is God, the universe or nature, having a soul connection is essential to health and well-being.
Soul Care for health and vitality:
- Express Gratitude: “Each morning we are born again; it is what we do today that matters most.” Each day is a gift. Express thanks for all your blessings-health, family, friends; food, clothes, a comfortable home. Stay connected with life’s abundance.
- Service to Others: Remember that a smile, kind word or friendly response can brighten someone’s day. Lend a helping hand or listen to those in need. Volunteer for causes you believe in. Take part in making the world a better place for all.
- Forgiveness: Accept that while we may be created in the image of God/divinity, we are still imperfect and make mistakes. If someone has wronged you, address the situation if possible, and then let it go. Holding grudges only poisons your spirit with toxic feelings.
- Connect with Nature: Enjoy the beauty and splendor nature offers. Find places outdoors which speak to your soul and savor how they pleasure and enliven your senses. Soak up the joy of being present.
- Consciousness: Be mindful of your thoughts and actions. Consciousness unfolds one person at a time. As Ghandi said, “Become the change you want to see in the world.” Practice kindness, compassion and respect. Shape our shared reality with the intentions of peace, healing and love